The MCC Development organization is continually expanding the IntelliCENTER portfolio, improving the integration to the Connected Enterprise, and driving significant customer value and product differentiation. Position to be a technology and team leader to evolve MCC software products.
This role will be expected to:
- Be responsible to build and manage a foundational team of professionals in Milwaukee with deep knowledge of the product development process, the associated development environments, supporting tools, applications, and RA products.
- Lead the team to define, develop, support, and deliver system level value to our IntelliCENTER customers for the Power and Control business.
- Be responsible drive the high performance culture of the team and development of a world-class development organization.
- Champion process improvements by adopting and creating best practices rooted in Agile, Kanban, Lean and common sense practices.
- Leverage third parties and labor arbitrage to expand the bandwidth of the team and drive time to market as appropriate.
- Develop new processes to improve collaboration between Motor Control Center (MCC) development and other Rockwell businesses.
- Work across Rockwell's technical community to define Technology Roadmaps and create solutions that drive market place differentiation.
- Foster a climate of diversity and teamwork, rewarding and recognizing high performance with open, honest communication that supports Rockwell Automation values.
- Create and foster the vision and the strategy for continuous improvement and quality improvements.
- Establish and maintain peer relationships across all of Rockwell Automation's technical communities.
- Openness to new ideas and is willing to work with other teams outside of this business.
- Creates technical strategic plans consistent with the goals of the division.
- Understands the business impact of customer satisfaction and appropriately prioritizes new business opportunities, field issues and ongoing customer demands.
- Partners with Product Management and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Identifies competitive threats and new technology that can be a differentiator in the market. Provides sound solutions to cost, performance and time to market tradeoffs.
- Applies resources and sets spending levels that are appropriate to achieve the financial performance of the business.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 3+ years of technical team leadership or management experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a developer.
- SW / FW development domain expertise.
- Agile software development lifecycle using various technologies and development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of DevOps and Lean methodologies with the ability to leverage the power of metrics.
- Understanding of architectural design.
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience developing and presenting information to executive-level audiences.
- Track record of technical project execution.
- Technical project planning, estimation, schedule creation, and resource loading.
- Technical risk identification and management.
- Product qualification test requirements and test automation.
- Management of multiple priorities and customer expectations.
- Continuous improvement and problem solving techniques.
- Customer (internal and external) relationship management skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Engineering Management, or Masters of Business Administration or equivalent technical degree.
- Functional team leadership and people development.
- Track record as technology change leader.
- Requirements Management and Life Cycle Management tools.
- Familiarity with C#, .NET, HTML5, MVVM, SQL, Visual Studio, and with designing Windows software applications.
- RA Studio 5000 products and architecture.
- Experience in a high performing software development team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross geographic teams.
- Experience in Industrial Automation industry.
- Experience in building cross-platform web, cloud, and mobile applications
Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®.
- Greenbelt or Blackbelt in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.