Combined Insurance, is seeking a
Payroll Manager to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 90 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals!
This individual oversees the day-to day payroll operations for a commissioned only sales force of 2500 in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico. The role collaborates with IT and the payroll vendor on maintenance and enhancements to the payroll system, is responsible for the supervision of the payroll staff, and ensures that the weekly payroll is processed with accuracy.
- Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the payroll team ensuring that payroll operations are carried out in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner
- Process and balance the weekly payroll for 2500 commissioned only employees
- Implement continuous process improvements that will scale with the growth of the Company to include adoption of best practices and updates to departmental procedures
- Establish, document, and ensure compliance with payroll internal controls emphasizing data integrity, reporting, and security
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all legal, federal and state requirements and government reporting regulations affecting payroll, taxes, and garnishments
- Ensure all year-end processing is handled timely and properly
- Work with Sales, Agent Service Center, Legal, and HR to address matters relating to payroll
- Provide support as needed to the Benefits Administrator
- Manage the payroll system vendor relationship
- Ensure full utilization of systems applications including managing and testing all system enhancements and upgrades.
- Develop custom reports to meet the data requests received in the department.
- Effectively manage the performance of the team, motivating and inspiring others towards goals
- Define clear roles and responsibilities; fosters high environment of high collaboration
- Ability to manage change (people and technology) with transition to new payroll system; understanding interfaces with other systems
- Understand workflow and continuously seek to optimize
- Ability to identify risks in processing cycle, create plans to mitigate
- Ability to manage peak periods with staff effectively including year-end activities
- 5+ years of supervisory experience working with strict deadlines and a fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of payroll systems, reporting, analytics, and tax compliance; prior experience with UltiPro or Vantage preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient to expert skill in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and lead a team
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years of related payroll experience, CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification preferred
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. We are committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
A company-match 401(k) plan
Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
At Combined, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Travel - No
Job Posting - Jun 5, 2017, 3:53:34 PM