Sodexo is seeking a Food Retail Manager 2 who encompasses high energy, is laser focused, creative and imaginative with a discriminatory eye for detail for our campus account at California Lutheran University – a private faith based University of over 3500 students in Thousand Oaks, CA in Ventura County in Southern California, one hour north of LA and 1 hour South of Santa Barbara. CalLu is a close family oriented campus focused on sustainability and keeping a close informed community. Candidate will be engaged with students, faculty, staff and directly involved with client on a daily basis; visibility to your audience a must. Primary focus will be fully licensed Starbucks, as well as Jamba Juice and 2 smaller retail venues and will work closely with marketing coordinator to implement and promote retail sales.
Key competencies of an ideal Food Retail Manager 2 candidate include:
- Be a visionary – with strong leadership skills – always looking to the future – ahead of the game, not reactionary.
- Be well versed in food service – including providing excellent customer service in a very fast paced, high volume dining environment.
- Have fundamental marketing experience - identify innovative ways to engage students, use of social media, theme nights, promotions, etc.
- Have strong employee engagement – developing, mentoring, training as well as scheduling hourly and student employees.
- Enjoy becoming involved in the campus community, have strengths in relationships with clients, customers, and employees. This manager will be actively involved with the Student Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 – 3 years experience in Food Retail, preferably national brands,
- computer savvy - Familiarity with Sodexo applications such as Food Management System is a plus
- Strong hospitality focus - be engaged and interacting with our clients, students,
faculty and employees.
- Eye for marketing - implementing and overseeing marketing and sales strategies to
increase retail sales.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining or union environment would be a plus!
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply -ability to speak Spanish would be helpful with this workforce.
- Flexibility of schedule will be needed - to meet the needs of the account.
Do you consider yourself to be highly guest service oriented and believe that we are here to teach others about great foods and service while delivering such - then this may be the right place for you to grow your career and apply your skills by joining the Sodexo team at Cal Lu! This is an excellent opportunity to begin your management career with Sodexo! APPLY TODAY!
Maintains food quality and customer service in a cash handling retail food operation that includes branded concepts, in-house formats and signature designs. May assume General Manager's (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Assists in maintenance of cash control and payroll records. Assists in supporting the financial/Human Resources (HR) functions. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.