Responsible for test development and support for new product development (NPI), legacy test equipment, continuation engineering product changes, production support, and equipment replacement.
Lead, develop, and implement cost-effective automated methods of testing and troubleshooting manufactured product including final assemblies and in some cases large systems testing. This test equipment consists of electrical, electronic, mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce Rockwell Automation products.
- Provide technical leadership for continuously improving the speed, cost and quality of the processes involved in the automated testing of new product pilots and prototypes. Address product testability and required test deliverables.
- Actively participate in the new product design evaluation process. Provide design for test feedback and or requirements to the product team during the design development to assure testability and test coverage. Based on the design requirements develop a plan to test completed assemblies. Manage and communicate project timelines and action plans effectively to delivery cost effective test solutions on schedule and budget.
- Assist in development and implementation of departmental strategic plans, expenses, and capital budgets. Help successfully manage production and test strategies to meet financial objectives. Prepare capital project budgets and maintain cash flow responsibly.
- Develop and implement strategies for the procurement and installation of all final functional test related capital equipment required for Rockwell production facilities. Procure, consolidate, and retire capital test equipment.
- Responsible for designing entire electrical systems, properly sizing components and working with vendors to develop test fixtures. Selects proper PLC components and test instrumentation based on product test requirements to ensure a safe, reliable, manufacturing test system.
- Develop and debug test software to control the electrical and mechanical components of the functional test system to provide a robust, reliable and repeatable manufacturing test system.
- Create and release documentation on all aspects of the test solution.
- Test specification to document product testing and coverage.
- System wiring schematics in AutoCAD Electrical.
- System BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Create User's guide to assist plant engineering with long term support.
- Test software stored released into appropriate source control location.
- Demonstrate consistent use of appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools for test equipment qualification, test system problem solving, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provides strategic manufacturing technical support assisting in troubleshooting complex test systems to resolve crisis downtime situations in Rockwell Automation plants.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS).
- 5+ years' plus experience as a test engineer designing hardware and developing software for a production environment.
- Developing software using one or more of the following programming languages C, C++, C#, NI Visual Basic, PLC, etc.
- 2+ years' experience with Test Stand development.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and interpret electronic circuit schematics and functional test specifications experience.
- Led project test solution teams.
- Troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills experience
- Experience with Rockwell Automation products
- Experience with AUTOCAD Electrical
- Experience programming using National Instrument Lab-View application software, Certifications a plus
- Certifications through National Instruments programming in Test Stand a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
- Some travel is required, typically up to 10%.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.