Job Purpose: Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair customer equipment as necessary in a shop or field environment. Provide technical support to English and/or Spanish speaking customers, Territory Managers and dealers. Responsible for processing parts orders for customers. Goes on site to demonstrate machinery and/or provide technical presentations both domestically and internationally.
1.Provide customer service and relations with focus on operation, maintenance and repairs of equipment.
2.Help customers troubleshoot problems on their machines as well as assist sales team with customer questions by telephone, email, in person and other means.
3.Take and process parts orders, provide cost for amount ordered, and track order through customer receipt.
o Estimate shipping charges.
o Provide quotes for parts/sales.
o Evaluate part re-sale prices.
4.Report price and inventory stocking issues to the Product Support Manager.
5.Demonstrate to customers, employees, etc. Bergkamp equipment and machines, as well as machine maintenance.
6.Required to operate commercial vehicles over the public highways, including operating within private customer sites and facilities.
7.Assist Engineers with design issues, provide feedback from field.
8.Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
9.Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Secures tools, materials and equipment at end of day.
10.Contributes to team effort by actively participating in team meetings.
1.Review manuals or bills of material to find parts requested by customers.
2.Scheduling and performing equipment start-up at domestic and international locations.
3.Provide training both in English and Spanish to crews utilizing equipment.
4.Create a call report after each startup of equipment, training or inspection.
5.Test machines for issues that could arise.
6.Take photos of Bergkamp equipment in the field, idle, and as needed.
7.Machine maintenance and repair.
8.Conduct quality inspections of finished machines.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Current endorsement for a Class A CDL or ability to get one soon after hire.
3. Preferred bilingual in Spanish and English, ability to speak knowledgably in technical jargon.
4. Overnight domestic and international travel, including weekends may be required 25 to 30% of the time.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers and management.
6. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, procedure manuals, blue prints (schematics) and job instructions.
8. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
9. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
10. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
11. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
12. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
13. Ability to use hand tools.
14. Knowledge of electrical and mechanical capabilities.
15. Ability to use power tools, such as drill and saw.
16. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products, as well as the ability to quickly learn ERP system.
17. Ability to use department equipment such as computer, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone.
18. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with frequent exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally high. In addition other elements that an employee could be exposed to occasionally in this work environment are but not limited to; dust, dirt, fumes and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards, fire hazards, and an elevated workplace. This position requires travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.