In this role you will be working with a dedicated team to lead the organization in establishing and institutionalizing world class SW/FW Quality Management processes and tools. The ideal candidate has experience applying quality management techniques within SW/FW programs of varying levels of complexity. Strong leadership skills as well as an understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools will be required as you provide training and mentoring on quality processes and practices. Strong communication, presentation and coaching capabilities are essential for audiences ranging from one-on-one to small groups. A highly collaborative disposition and excellent interpersonal skills are a must to build effective working relationships across the organization.
- Establish SW/FW quality management processes and related performance standards
- Develop effective training collateral and conduct evaluations to identify areas of improvement
- Manage organizational training needs and schedule sessions accordingly
- Deliver training and ongoing mentoring of SW/FW quality management processes
- Maintain SW/FW quality management processes to ensure alignment with evolving engineering and strategic direction
- Drive standardization of SW/FW quality practices and techniques
- Leverage professional concepts and company objectives to identify continuous improvement opportunities and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Facilitate and participate in retrospectives for continuous improvement of software development processes
- Work with the development and application groups in creating standard processes and methods to develop software of a higher levels of quality
- Lead corporate wide improvement and strategic initiatives
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering with a quality emphasis, or other related technical degree.
- At least 5 years' experience in Software Quality Management / Quality Assurance.
- At least 5 years working in a Software Development Environment.
- Experience / Interest in development and delivery of Quality Process training programs.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Prior experience with different development methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile - Scrum, SAFe, Lean Startup)
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, CMMI and/or ISO
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products a plus
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Cleveland - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.