This position will be working as a member of the Global IT Service Desk Team. The Global IT Service Team provides both in-person and phone-based support to company employees across the globe. This position will provide onsite technical support for our Arlington offices as well as phone-based support for non-local users.
This is an outstanding position for candidates who have excellent technical, hardware, and client service skills and enjoy managing a wide-variety of responsibilities while working in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Global Service Desk: - provide both onsite and phone-based technical support for desktop hardware and software by identifying issue(s), determining and executing appropriate resolution, and communicating the resolution to the customer. Examples include:
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions upon initial contact when possible, using password management tools, remote desktop, etc.
- Escalate or re-assign tickets to other departments when required
- Maintain accurate up-to-date status on all tickets
- Ensure no tickets are older than 3 days in personal queue
- Provide walk up/local IT support for hardware and software issues
- Assist with mobile device issues
- Perform new user/new hire equipment set up
- Perform basic hardware and workstation repairs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for desktop hardware and software applications
- Meet or exceed all Global Service Desk metrics and process requirements (ticket management protocols, time tracking, communication requirements, etc.) - Ensure that all users have been properly communicated before closing a ticket request
- Treat all customers with courtesy and professionalism
- Administer security cards and access
- Perform Audio/Visual setup if necessary
- Serve as point of contact for management
- At least 2 years' experience working on an IT Help Desk or in an IT Service environment
- Degree (Bachelors of Arts (BA) or Bachelors of Science (BS) preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Able to clearly and correctly express complex technical concepts in English, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of/experience with MS Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 computing environment, MS Office 2010/2013, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Internet Explorer 11.0, Cisco Any Connect VPN (Virtual Private Network) and Mobile devices
- Knowledge of Macs would be an advantage
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment; ability to multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to meet business need (standard is 40 hour week, with occasional overtime requirements)
- Interest in being part of a team, and ability to work effectively with both local and remote staff, teammates and managers
- MCSE or A+ certified is a plus
- Able to work non-standard hours for periods of time as needed and participate in rotating weekend On-Call
- Able to travel to domestic and international sites one to three times during a year, normally for periods of one week or less
- Able to lift, carry and bend as required to install common end user computing items including desktop PCs and monitors, desktop telephones, desktop printers, and power protection devices.
Job: Information Technology