The Claims Approver will contact claimant and or service provider requesting basic information needed to process claim. Includes written correspondence and phone calls. Evaluate claims based on documentation received including responses from claimant and providers. Process basic claims including payment, denial and status updates. Interact with various online systems for claims processing, imaging and policy administration.
- Accurately process claims under Supplemental A&H coverage.
- Key data into online processing system.
- Determine eligibility by evaluating claim submission and comparing to policy benefits.
- Request additional information from policyholders, providers and others as necessary to finalize claim
- Manage pending files.
- Create claim related correspondence.
- Provide customer service to policyholders, agents and doctors answering a variety of questions both in writing and by phone.
- Conduct telephone assessments for continuing disability claims.
- Meet Department standards for time service and quality.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quality and customer centric orientation.
- Analytical with good decision making skills.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Keyboarding skills (30+ wpm).
- Windows based PC knowledge.
As a Combined, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Combined is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Travel - No
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Job Posting - Jun 29, 2017, 11:56:56 AM