Our Penske Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle recruiting process, including: sourcing, selection, offer negotiation, and initiating the onboarding process for a designated business group. We are seeking a highly responsive, customer focused individual with strong time management and organizational skills to manage approximately 40-60 (primarily hourly) positions. This position will help support the Northwest Area (Washington, Oregon and Northern California) and recruit for positions including truck leasing rental counter, management trainees, diesel technicians and other service positions, truck leasing operations, sales, and management roles.
A heavy emphasis on this role is placed on sourcing and recruiting talent. Utilizing sales, research, and networking skills, the position will require the proactive identification of active and passive talent through flawless execution of our process and creative thinking for challenging roles and markets. The position will also be responsible for placing and editing job advertisements in various media outlets, database management, internet resume mining, cold calling, local school/organization recruiting, screening applicants, and potentially selecting candidates for certain entry level roles.
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of recruiting experience with a similar work environment. While we provide excellent guidance and support, recruiter candidates must be self-motivated and self-efficient, and have prior demonstrated experience in doing so. Much of the work of this role is conducted with hiring managers and candidates via phone and email, but may also include manager training, participation in leadership meetings, job fairs, and career presentations at schools and other organizations.
This position will be based out of the Vancouver, WA office reporting to the
Recruiting Supervisor with a strong dotted line relationship to the Area Vice President and Area Human Resources Manager.
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met through the creation of area staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs and requirements, conducting intake/scoping calls and providing process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring managers.
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains relationships with technical schools, colleges, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations to find and attract applicants
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates, updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup candidates.
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks where appropriate
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to ensure polices and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including AAP, ADA, and OFCCP; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports, candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Work location: 8100 NE Parkway Drive Suite 350 Vancouver, WA 98662