Penske Logistics is looking for a Bilingual(English/Spanish) Load Planner at our location to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated, has strong analytical and computer skills, strong attention to detail and is enthusiastic to work in a customer-centric environment. This position coordinates all processes and functions of load planning and freight movement.
- Process customer orders, plan & optimize shipments into loads, tender freight to third-party carriers
- Update Transportation Management System with current shipment information.
- Provide detailed instruction to various customers & associates from other shifts by phone and e-mail
- Provide visibility to management and the customer by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
- Complete daily logs and trackers
- Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary
- Provides load exception investigation and reporting
- Weighs alternative financial decisions before taking action
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor