Coordinator of Operations
Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations (OIIR)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign invites applications for the position of Coordinator of Operations. As a member of the OIIR leadership team, the coordinator organizes programmatic operations in consultation with cultural/resource centers’ staff. This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position within the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations (OIIR) which includes the Asian American Cultural Center, Bruce D. Nesbitt African American Cultural Center, Diversity and Social Justice Education, International Education Programs, La Casa Cultural Latina, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center, and the Women’s Resources Center.
The successful candidate will be working on a campus with an academically talented and diverse student population, including 23 percent international students, 14 percent Asian American students, 5 percent African American students, and 8.7 percent Hispanic/Latino students.
• Serve as the central communications coordinator for the business, human resources, marketing, diversity programming and other operational functions within OIIR
• Coordinate and manage financial resources and operation budgets (including monitoring expenditures, processing financial transactions); provide timely and accurate financial information to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs; compliance with university financial policies; assist with budget and financial planning
• Direct human resources functions including staffing search processes, processing paperwork and orientation for new staff and professional development for current staff
• Serve as a liaison to Academic Human Resources, Staff Human Resources, Faculty Staff Assistance, Office of Diversity, Equity and Access, and other campus units on OIIR personnel-related matters
• Coordinate the production of reports and proposals for internal and external units
• Assist with programmatic administration and implementation within OIIR and with other campus units including developing project funding proposals and speaker contracts
• Serve as a liaison to the office support staff in coordination and management of day-to-day business operational activities; respond to questions, resolve problems and provide assistance to staff concerns
• Co-coordinate the NASPA Undergraduate Fellows Program (NUFP) for the student affairs division
• Oversee the Student Cultural Programming Fee (SCPF) board; supervise the SCPF graduate assistant
• Represent OIIR on campus-wide standing and ad-hoc committees. Participate in divisional and University-wide student retention initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or related field
Three years of work experience related to administrative projects and processes.
• Experience managing operations budgets, financial policies, and processing transactions
• Experience with human resources including recruitment and training of staff
• Experience with synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data into well-written reports
• Experience in marketing and communications
Experience with supervision of student employees
Excellent organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Master’s degree in higher education administration, business administration, human resources or related field
Experience with coordinating cultural, social, and/or educational programs
• Experience working with student funding boards
• Ability to relate effectively with students, parents and University partners
• Familiarity with University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign administrative processes and procedures
• Demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism and community-building
Salary and Appointment Status: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. Proposed starting date is November 16, 2017. For full consideration, candidates should complete an online application at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references prior to the application deadline, August 30, 2017. Review of applications will start immediately; however, no hiring decision will be made before the application deadline.