Responsible for operating a forklift to unload, load, move, locate, relocate, stack and count product. Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties within the warehouse. Responsible for accurate inventory reconciliation and processing of internal and external customer returns.
- Perform daily responsibilities within functional team.
- Load and unload materials safely from trucks.
- Receipt for incoming inventory and deliver product to proper storage location.
- Conduct inventory audits and related tasks as required.
- Must be proficient in the use of all support equipment (RDTs, computer access, etc.).
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Transport product to and from locations, in safe and timely manner.
- Place product on racking system.
- Sort, pack, wrap and label products as per company procedure.
- Clean work area by removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- Process internal and external customer returns
- Maintain inventory counts
- Complete re-slotting tasks
- Cross train in functional areas to provide support across the distribution center.
- Complete pre and post inspections.
- Maintain forklift equipment by properly reporting recommended repairs.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Responsible for distribution center housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for utilizing proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Must participate in and accomplish yearly objectives for personal and department improvement.
- Participate in ISO training, and all company and department policies and procedures.
- Experience with warehouse management system preferred.
- SAP Experience and understanding of computer systems and shipping processing functionality
- Participate in troubleshooting, analyzing, and correcting problems within team and distribution center.
- May train new team members.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily communications with internal team members.
- Maintain effective communications with all distribution center teams and management.
- Basic problem solving skills.
- Adapts easily to frequent changes in work methods, processes and duties.
- Recognizes areas of improvement and offers suggestions.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in a warehouse and/or distribution center preferred.
- Interacts well with the global team members and is a team player.
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Detailed orientated.
- 1 year of SAP prior experience
- Computer literacy
Key Competency Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
This position may have limited travel to U.S. and international Rockwell Automation locations or distributors.
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Champaign - Illinois
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.