The Hardware Development Engineer is responsible for the research, specification, design, analysis, test, and integration of power electronic and digital/analog hardware of motion control servo drive products. The candidate must have a solid foundation in power electronic circuit design, excellent documentation and communication skills, strong analytical capabilities and solid troubleshooting ability. The position will have design responsibility in all aspects of the new product development process including concept generation, detailed design and analysis, verification testing, cross functional reviews, and manufacturing release.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent experience required.
- 2 years' experience in power electronics development in the area of motion control systems and/or industrial power conversion equipment or equivalent graduate level course study.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental EE concepts (circuit analysis, control theory, and EM).
- Design experience developing power electronic circuits.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of some modeling tools, i.e. Matlab/Simulink, Simplorer, LTSpice, Maxwell, etc.
- Understanding of EMI noise reduction techniques, which may include PCB layout, gate drive design, thermal management, voltage and current sensing techniques and protection circuitry.
- Detailed oriented in the organization of documentation related to design concepts, validation, and product release requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in laboratory testing and experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, data acquisition equipment, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- We will sponsor individuals for employment visas if they are the right candidate for this position.
- Proficiency and understanding of the architecture, specification and hardware design in the area of motion control systems or industrial power conversion equipment (servo drives, industrial drives, UPS, and traction drives).
- Component analysis experience and device characterization of IGBTs, MOSFETs, and high frequency capacitors.
- Experience with off-line and DC/DC power supply design.
- Experience with analog design of signal conditioning and filter circuitry.
- Understanding of statistical methods (DfSS) and design analysis (Monte Carlo, DFMEA, etc...) in a product development environment.
- Experience with agency approval requirements and design for regulatory compliance (UL, CE).
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.