Firmware Engineering interns perform project-oriented work under the direction of test and development engineers that is focused on the development, testing, coding, and research of firmware for automation control products and systems.
Primary duties can include:
- Firmware design and development
- Product testing and certification
- Coding activities
- Firmware quality
- Firmware metrics
- Documentation of firmware applications and components
- Development of testing and simulation tools
- Research into new technologies
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Must be permanently eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship; or part of the Brazil Mobility Program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Must be working towards a bachelor's of science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
Co-op or internship experience at Rockwell Automation
- Experience on Robotics team
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school, community activities or employment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Be prepared to relocate as required throughout the Program
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference to those who met a Rockwell Automation representative on campus or at a national conference career fair
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.