Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch(TM) system and the Nintendo 3DS(TM) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(TM), Nintendo has sold more than 4.4 billion video games and more than 700 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy(TM), Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS(TM) family of systems, Super NES(TM), Nintendo 64(TM), Nintendo GameCube(TM), Wii(TM) and Wii U(TM) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
- Create, modify, and approve development specification documents (Guidelines) for use by internal and external developers
- Provides direction and guidance to employees on technical questions, guidelines, and guideline concepts.
- Acts as an intermediary between internal and external groups as it relates to Guidelines and development support package
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates job specific procedures, concepts and guidelines as they are being established
- Designs, develops and delivers curriculum and supporting documents to support testing staff in understanding new concepts and guidelines
- Create (or modify) tools to improve productivity within department
- Actively engages in ongoing process improvement as well as personal development
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of policies, procedures, and workflows
- Coordinates with internal and external groups on project management and short to long-term planning
- Perform all job responsibilities in strict adherence to corporate prototype security policy and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external contacts
- Up to 10% travel, domestic and international
- Translates technical documents and source code maintaining relevant style
- Provides translation and interpretation support for meetings with parent company in Japan (NCL).
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Two plus years or related experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Nintendo products
- Knowledge of video games and hardware platforms
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, problem solving and cross-group collaboration
- Excellent PC and Microsoft Office suite skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Associates degree in Software Development, or equivalent
- Valid passport required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Japanese Proficiency Test Level 1
- Programming/electronics Certification (Preferred)
- Project Management Certification (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.
See job description.