Requisition Primary Location
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We arean integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 40 states, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces.Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3Years in a Row!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for ahigh energyDiesel Mechanicto join the team at our Yakima Waste site in Yakima, WA. Previous waste experience would be a hugeplus!
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all Waste Connections vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement.
- Welding and vehicle-washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA, state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment
- Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- Completing vehicle documentation and all paperwork related to repair orders
- Maintaining the truck shop workspace, keeping it neat and free from debris
- Completing special projects for Supervisor as assigned, and assisting other shop personnel as needed
- Following all appropriate safety guidelines and precautions, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE), and maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Maintaining regular and predictable attendance
- Applicable operating procedures and safety practices for refuse collection
- Applicable federal, state, and municipal statutes, rules, regulations, and policies related to refuse collection
- General and advanced repairs of vehicles, to include light, medium, and heavy vehicles
- Safe and efficient use and care of hand tools and other equipment involved in vehicle repair processes
- Interpersonal interaction, positive attitude, excellent teamwork, and leadership
- Quickly understand and adhere to safety requirements of this position
- Provide training for other employees as required
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
Experience Required:Minimum 3 years of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required
Minimum Level of Education:High school diploma or GED
- Valid class B commercial driver's license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Ability to meet all DOT requirements
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
Apply todayand Connect with Your Future atwww.wasteconnections.com
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.