The primary responsibilities Project Application Engineer:
The resolution of highly complex technical customer issues by utilising expert knowledge and experience in our products, our customer's applications and the various industries we operate.
- Take 100% ownership of issues that are escalated to the team and proactively drive these to the quickest resolution possible.
- Working across the team to engage the Commercial Engineers or Product Business Units for consultancy on issues that may require their expertise.
- Produce or obtain a work-around, where possible, to product issues to ensure the customer has a working application before any modifications to product are made.
- Escalate issues to the business units when product defects are uncovered with clear documentation and via the standard business systems
Collaborates with product management and development in setting strategic goals and objectives for our product portfolios based on close interactions with key customers.
- Create and lead virtual teams that include employees from Quality, Customer Support, Commercial Engineering, Product Management and Product Development to resolve post-sales product and application issues
- Influence Product Business Units in setting strategic goals and objectives to address product defects that effects Rockwell Automations most valuable and strategic customers.
Effectively communicate solutions or the status of issues to high value customers, customer executives, Rockwell internal business units and senior leadership.
- Communication directly to the customer to update them on the status of any outstanding issues or to gain further information that will help resolve their issue.
- Communication of issues that are approaching the limit for resolution time set within the team. These issues will be termed critical issues (CI) and will be subject to the CI call
- Participate and present within the CI Internal and CI Business unit calls, whilst owning the issues define support that will be required to drive these issues forward.
Increase efficiency by driving and adhering to the agreed engagement procedures, and by documenting the status of the resolution process within the company's enterprise systems. Provide innovative improvement to standards and processes to ensure consistent meeting of objectives and goals.
- Work within the standardised engagement process that connects the technical support organisation to the Issue to Resolution (I2R) Team.
- Utilise the company's enterprise system to document progress for each individual customer issue, ensure full documentation of events and next steps are recorded for current or future reference.
- For confirmed product issues ensure clear documentation is in place and communicated via the standard business systems to the business units. This communication may be completed by others while being monitored and driven by the I2R Team.
Continuously advance expertise to ensure knowledge expansion, focusing on a dedicated expertise while widening knowledge to products that are applied within our customers architectures.
- Proactively acquire knowledge related to the use and performance of the products outlined within this role.
- Schedule time each month to expand knowledge in line with the demand on the team
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology or related field
- 8 years experience in Automation Industry
- Extensive field activity experience including installation and fault finding is essential.
- Expert knowledge of at least two RA product families
- Deep engineering skills including:
- Strong understanding of OEM and end user technology and applications
- Over 8 years application experience around the focused product area
- Knowledge and experience of fault finding on complex applications
- Knowledge of both mechanical and electrical principles
- Experience in a customer facing role for a system integrator / OEM or competitor is beneficial.
- Strong commercial communication skills.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and having ability to influence others at multiple business levels to move issues forward and closer to resolution
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.