The Software Development Engineer participates in the software design activities for motion control features in a PC-based software tool used for configuring automation controllers and attached devices. Work assignments include requirements analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and functional testing of software in an agile development process. This role requires strong communications skills and the ability to work effectively in large project teams.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in software design using C++ and object-oriented design methods.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with .NET, COM, MFC, or equivalent technologies.
- Basic understanding of software development processes and principles.
- Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and environments.
- Experience in collaborating with technical development teams in multiple global locations.
- Experience in designing real-time embedded software systems.
- Experience developing testware for validating software in a programmable logic controller (PLC) development environment.
- Understanding of model design techniques such as UML.
- Experience with ClearCase, ClearQuest, and VersionOne tools.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.