We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Vice President of Marketing is a regular, full-time position that reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Marketing and is based in Washington, D.C. The Vice President of Marketing will manage a best in class marketing team, work to promote the organization and its programs and develop creative marketing campaigns to help move equality forward.
The Vice President of Marketing provides leadership and direction to staff and programs. Specific duties of the position are as follows:
Program Promotion and Publicity: Work to develop innovative strategies to publicize and promote organization-wide programs and priorities.
Digital strategy: Lead HRC's digital and social programs and grow organizational reach on platforms.
Build Partnerships: Build strategic partnerships with influencers, celebrities, businesses and other organizations to help drive the mission forward and achieve program goals.
Staff Management: Manage marketing staff including creative services, publications, digital and video teams as well as external consultants and vendors.
Consistency of Message and Content: Ensure consistency of message and unified graphical "look and feel" in organization-wide public and internal communications.
- Must have 10 or more years of cumulative work experience, including significant marketing experience.
- Advanced experience in staff and program management, including development and oversight of multiple program budgets is required.
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, be able to work collaboratively and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position does require evening and weekend work.
- Must be willing to travel at least 15% of work time.
- Must be creative and strategic, with the ability to balance long-term goals and day-to-day demands.
- Strong commitment to and interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a commitment to LGBTQ equality.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.