Sodexo is seeking Facilities Engineering Manager for Langston University in Langston, OK; with strong knowledge of hvac, plumbing, electrical, and structural desings.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
The right individual should be well organized with a strategic mind set, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities. Must be able to provide technical expertise in the area of skilled trades and the ability to assist employees/managers in identifying improvements. The ideal candidate for this position must have 5+ years facilities maintenance management experience.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC,
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Education, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. See more jobs like this one here. www.SodexoFacilitiesCareers.com Working for Sodexo in Education allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. From preschool through post-grad, in public schools and independent schools, and on campuses of every kind, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success.
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee. #LI
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope