This position is responsible for influencing and growing Rockwell Automation's process control, power, and information systems business within the Pulp, Paper, and Wood Products Industries, resulting in sustainable year over year growth. The initial focus for this position will be on strategic accounts in North America and will require extensive collaboration with the NA sales districts within his/her targeted and tactical accounts. This Process Business Development Manager (PBDM) will also be responsible for aligning strategy and execution with the overall Pulp and Paper Industry Manager, Strategic and Corporate Account Managers, distribution channels, and the geographically focused sales teams. Proven success in selling large, complex, process control and information systems directly to paper industry and possessing deep C-level relationships in the business is required.
- Manage a defined process to analyze accounts and develop plans to influence specification position and develop a revenue stream.
- Develop senior level relationships with the targeted Pulp and Paper producers.
- Manage activities to raise awareness on technology, products and solutions.
- Coordinate with local geographical domain resources to provide appropriate technical expertise.
- Coordinate with Rockwell Automation distributors on account strategy as necessary.
- Develop and manage a partner strategy to increase market share.
- Coordinate relations between partners and local sales districts.
- Execute a disciplined selling process to identify and pursue opportunities.
- Achieve sales targets for vertical industry.
- Develop and maintain a sales funnel to support growth objectives by identifying, creating and qualifying opportunities with end users.
- Track and regularly report on opportunities and conversion progress.
- Facilitate engagement and communication for opportunities that span geographies.
- Call on accounts to represent Rockwell Automation capabilities, maintain established business and close new.
- Educate the local sales districts and support with industry domain expertise.
- Support customer/internal program reviews. Understand relevant industry standards and customer applications.
- Identify customer technical / commercial challenges and engage appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
- Understand important industry trends and communicate needs to Rockwell Automation Business Units.
- Coordinate with marketing groups to assist with industry messaging and collateral.
- Participate in professional organizations and support industry events
- A four-year, BS degree chemical or mechanical engineering is preferred, with an emphasis on pulping, papermaking, and converting technologies.
- Ten plus years of field sales and marketing experience in the automation field, focused on delivering solutions to the paper and related industries.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- This position is open to location in the US. Preferred candidate to live in the West or Central Region of the US.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Chicago - Illinois, Dallas - Texas, Denver - Colorado, Houston - Texas, Los Angeles - California, Milwaukee - Wisconsin, Oklahoma City - Oklahoma, Phoenix - Arizona, San Francisco - California, Seattle - Washington, St Louis - Missouri
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).