Combined Insurance, is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst/Project Manager to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 90 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals!
This position is responsible for providing project management and coordination across multiple Application portfolios. This position will provide business as usual support for 60% of time to business areas/applications listed below. The remaining 40% of the time will be dedicated to providing application subject matter expertise for large project initiatives as well as managing small to medium size projects in these areas. This position is necessary to support these applications.
- Act as primary liaison to business partners supporting the - Life support Plus policy administration system, supporting individual and group insurance products sold by account executives and brokers.
- Act as primary liaison to 3rd party sold and administered Affinity markets relationships
- Manage delivery of assigned projects within approved time and budget following SDLC phases
- Proactively manage project and/or production issues/risks and escalate them as needed in a timely manner
- Provide weekly status reports on assigned projects and issues
- Interact with the business partners through requirements analysis and design sessions
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure that solutions effectively meet business objectives
- Manage and track project costs, including plan vs. actual costs, forecast estimates to complete, and costs at completion
- Develop subject matter expertise in the assigned LSP Policy Administration System functions/applications and interfaces
- IT Project or application development management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and decision making skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work with various levels of business users
- Good facilitating skills
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies and project life cycles
- Proficient in MS project, Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience working with a system development methodology in a structured Solution Development Life cycle environment and Project Management
- Experience delivering IT projects working with application development teams (on-shore and off-shore) supporting multiple platforms - Mainframe, midrange ( iSeries)
- Experience in identifying, defining, prioritizing and implementing solutions to complex problems
- Experience in resource allocation, daily supervision, long range planning, prioritization and effective execution of assignments
- Experience developing cost benefit assessments
- Supplemental Insurance background
- 7+ years in Information technology, Business administration or equivalent
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. We are committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
At Combined, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Travel - No
Job Posting - Sep 25, 2017, 11:33:30 AM