DIVISION: Technology and Information Services
Required – Associate Degree or equivalent experience and basic computer skills.
Preferred – Associate Degree in education, technology or related field, or equivalent experience; three plus (3+) years of experience; and bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
Copies of all academic transcripts are required. Unofficial copies are acceptable at the time of application. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a complete set of original transcripts will be required.
SUPERVISOR: Director, Technology and Information Services
1. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
2. Ability to communicate to people at all levels.
3. Good analytical/problem solving skills.
Position Objective: The Systems Integration Specialist’s responsibilities include support/providing training related to college software solutions and integrating interfaces into various applications used by Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC), including CRM, website, intranet portal, Canvas LMS, and Ellucian Colleague.
Nature and Scope:
The Systems Integration Specialist will develop technical skills to span multiple "systems" or "platforms". This person will be responsible for training staff in using new technology and techniques to improve effectiveness of NCC's various applications and classrooms.
Will assist entire Technology and Information Services department staff as needed.
1. Enjoy the process of providing quality and timely customer service. Must have strong people skills in listening, patience, friendly, and use of diplomacy, as well as problem solving skills, ability to work under pressure, and ability to think logically.
2. The ability to accept change as a normal function of the position.
3. Willingness to attend training for continuous improvement.
4. Willingness to travel when required.
5. Person needs to be very approachable and keeps their composure in handling difficult problems and situations.
6. Receive customer telephone calls or call tickets requesting support for information, problems, and services.
7. Perform diagnosis and resolution tasks for problem/service request.
8. As required, perform research necessary to provide desired support or service.
9. As required, escalate problem/service request to the Director, Technology and Information Services.
10. Communicate with management regarding work activities, issues, and obstacles.
11. Maintain knowledge of NCC systems and services supported.
12. Serve on college committees and teams as appropriate.
13. Other duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$45,000 annual salary based on experience and education.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until the position is filled; review of applications to begin immediately.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: As soon as possible