Patient Access Representative (Bilingual) No recruiters please? We will not fill this with temporary placement.
• Provides quality, courteous, professional and informative customer services at all times.
• Informs patients about Morton clinic policies and procedures and seeks to interpret patient's needs.
• Calls to confirm patient appointments via telephone, 24-48 hours prior to scheduled appointments.
• Registers new and established patients and verifies all vital information (copies proof of insurance).
• Registers all walk-in patients to be seen by triage nurse or provider (Medical or dental).
• Creates new patient accounts and charts; inputs and/or updates established patient accounts with necessary data (i.e., income, address, insurance information, etc.).
• Prepares and enters charges and payments on patient's encounter and collects maximum payment for services provided during the patient's visit.
• Balances patient payments collected for the day and prepares daily deposit and cash/activity reports.
• Schedules patient appointments via telephone and/or in person including follow-up appointments as directed by health care provider.
• Generates and provides appointment list to appropriate areas on a daily basis, i.e., Lab, Nursing, Medical Records, and other Patient Services Representatives.
• Batches and prepares all clinic encounters for accounts receivable/billing office on a daily basis.
• Provides financial counseling and assists patients by referring to appropriate agencies as necessary.
• Assists in inputting the monthly health care provider schedule into the computer scheduler.
• Processes appointment requests form.
• Monitors waiting time of patient and keeps them informed of delays.
• Interprets and advocates for patient while receiving medical/dental treatment.
• Conducts patient satisfaction survey.
• Provides assistance/ facilitates human service needs for patients.
• Determines estimated charges and adjustments (allowances and discounts) based on patient's payment status (insurance, self-pay) and current patient fee schedule.
• Collects initial payment before services and ancillaries are provided (Minimum fee for medical ($20.00) or dental services ($25.00) and ancillaries ($5.00)).
• Audits encounter form/route slip, calculate and posts final charges to patient's computerized record and notes allowances, adjustments and discounts.
• Collects balance of charges from patient and issues patient an "estimated final bill/encounter form. If patient does not pay balance, escort patient to or call financial counselor who will discuss bill with patient in privacy.
• Balances cash collected and completes cash reports and deposit slips at end of day.
• Reconciles all route slips and customer receipts to ensure all are accounted for in numeric sequence.
• Tracks Patient "NO-SHOWS"; documents no-shows and assists in follow-up as instructed.
• Processes all mail as instructed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Prepares for mutual goal setting sessions with supervisor and follow through with goal achievements.
• Works to accomplish Morton's Mission as set by the Board of Directors.
• Works closely with providers and staff to translate on behalf of patient.
• Collect and distribute faxes to appropriate department or provider.
Communication and Interpersonal Relationships/Professional
1. Utilizes appropriate channels to report pertinent information in a timely manner.
2. Interacts effectively with patients, families, clinic team members, and others.
3. Maintains confidentiality of information.
4. Demonstrates professionalism in appearance and behavior.
5. Completes delegated activities, projects and committee functions within appropriate time frames.
6. Must participate in employee relations and community relations activities conducted to enhance the success and mission of Morton Comprehensive Health Services.