Early Head Start Home Visitor Eagle, Colorado Fulltime Year-Round Benefits Eligible Plans, organizes and facilitates home visits/group socializations with pregnant women and families with children under three years of age to enhance the healthy development of children and families. Refers and links families with beneficial community programs. Bilingual English/Spanish required. Offering an amazing benefits package copay medical plan, dental, vision, retirement, tuition programs, wellness programs and more! Early Head Start Program Assistant Eagle, Colorado Occasional Assists with food preparation, child care, and cleaning before, during and after group socializations and parent meetings. In general, this position may work up to 8 hours per month.
Early Head Start Home Visitor works with pregnant women and families with children up to three years of age to enhance the healthy development of children and families. Integrates all Head Start components (areas of health, early childhood education, nutrition, family life skills, safety and mental health). Refers and links families with other community programs. Plans, organizes and facilitates home visits, group socializations and parent committee meetings with children and parents.
Bilingual English/Spanish required.
This position is located in Eagle, Colorado.
Example of Duties
Provide child-focused home visits to each enrolled child and family that promote the parents' ability to support the child's development.
- Plan, organize and conduct weekly 90 minute home visits to children ages 0-3 and their families
- Continuously implement Parents As Teachers curriculum for child development in the context of the home and during group socialization experiences
- Conduct strengths-based initial and ongoing assessments with families through Teaching Strategies GOLD online program
- Conduct developmental screenings
- Collaborate with families to establish and develop family and child goals
Promote and support families to be actively engaged in all aspects of the program
- Plan, organize and facilitate group socialization experiences and parent meetings, some of which are evening events
- Transport families when appropriate to and from family group activities using a county vehicle
- Promote parental involvement in curriculum planning, parent meetings, program governance, and the overall Early Head Start program
Assure program accountability
- Monitor and educate parents with respect to children's health status, including medical follow-up, physical health, dental health, mental health, and nutritional intake
- Complete documentation for health, education, and family and community partnerships
- Utilizing Child Plus database, perform data entry, assist with program data collection, maintain required documentation, provide timely, objective record keeping, and complete reports as required by program or local policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of family records and information
- Establish and maintain professional boundaries
Ensure that families have access to community resources and services
- Assess client needs and initiate referrals and connections to community services
- Provide crisis intervention and resource referral services
- Act as a liaison and advocate between community resources and other activities
- Outreach, recruit and enroll families and children to meet federal and local guidelines and eligibility requirements
Ongoing Education and Training
- Participate fully in supervision and training experiences
- Maintain expertise in the Early Head Start program, Parents as Teachers curriculum, and Teaching Strategies GOLD and Child Plus database
Perform other related duties as assigned or required to assure program coverage and continuity
- Credential or Associates degree in child development, education, human services, social or health services, or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree child development, education, human services, social or health services, or related field related field
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Two years of experience in working with families, children, educational systems, child development systems, or low-income families or any combination of education and experience that produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, and experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of Google Chrome, Microsoft Office, and ability to learn program data base.
- Must have knowledge and experience in child development and early childhood education; the principles of child health, safety, and nutrition; adult learning principles; and family dynamics.
- Must be skilled in communicating with and motivating people.
- Must have knowledge of community resources and the skills to link families with appropriate agencies and services.
- Capacity to problem solve, handle crisis, and work with families and children of various cultures from low-income background
- Willingness to work primarily in the homes of families residing in high risk communities
- Approach to working with families that is empathetic, nonjudgmental, respectful, and professional.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license, a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
A career with Eagle County Government offers the best candidates a competitive total rewards package; including compensation, comprehensive and low cost insurance and wellness program, paid holidays, personal/medical leave, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement programs, free bus pass and more. Your career impacts and enriches the lives of the community members of Eagle County... Creating a Better Eagle County for All. Join our team today!
Living and working in Eagle County offers a diversity of recreation, cultural and educational activities suited for all. Although we are best known for our world-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and outdoor activities, our cultural scene is top-notch. The area offers access to theater, music, arts and enriching educational experience. The County is home to various educational institutions offering quality learning from Pre-K through 4-year post-secondary degree programs. Experience all that the mountain lifestyle and Eagle County has to offer!
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be considered for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
Creating a better Eagle County for All