As Practice Office Coordinator you will coordinate diversified administrative and secretarial duties related to the operational needs of the practice and lead and guide clerical staff in the performance of daily clerical activities.
- Leads and guides clerical staff in the performance of diversified administrative and secretarial duties. Assists in resolving difficult or complex administrative issues, as needed.
- Performs various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
- Responds to and resolves patient questions and issues, as needed.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Collects, verifies and records demographic, insurance and referral information.
- Collects, records and receipts outstanding money.
- Prepares patient charts. Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes needed information, materials, records and paperwork.
- Answers, screens, routes telephone calls; takes and delivers messages.
- Performs various patient billing, collection, and third party reimbursement functions.
- May prepare and maintain various statistical data.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a physician office setting, required.
- Working knowledge of PC applications, required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, required.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required