DIVISION: Academic Services
SUPERVISOR: TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Director
Required – Bachelor of Arts degree in Education, Math, Science, or related field (prefer emphasis in Math).
Minimum three years teaching experience.
Basic computer skills.
Preferred – Experience in TRIO or community college setting.
Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
Copies of all academic transcripts are required. Unofficial copies are acceptable at the time of application. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a complete set of original transcripts will be required.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Ability to demonstrate professionalism in dealing with students and have a familiarity with populations served by TRIO.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
1. Provide academic advising for students experiencing academic difficulties (Arts & Sciences and Career-Tech students).
2. Assist with tutoring of students in various content areas.
3. Provide advising for students seeking transfer information.
4. Coordinate college visits to four-year institutions.
5. Some short-term travel with students to academic and cultural activities.
6. Provide support and encouragement for students with attendance problems
7. Serve as a resource for students with non-academic personal concerns and refer students to the NCC counseling or other agencies as appropriate
8. Maintain student, project compliance and performance records
9. Responsible for caseload of participants.
10. Meet with faculty to determine student achievement.
11. Coordinate recruiting, hiring, and training of Peer Tutors.
12. Assist SSS Director in coordinating, implementing, and recruiting for Bridge Program.
13. Integrate multi-cultural students into project.
14. Promote success of students of color.
15. Attend staff, state, regional, and/or professional meetings to promote continuous professional growth.
16. Promote and maintain open communication with other SSS staff, and NCC college staff.
17. Demonstrate and practice NCC Service Vision.
18. Actively participate in college committees.
19. Other duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $30,000 to $32,000 (11 month/239 day contract) annual salary
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Applications accepted until position is filled; review of applications will begin November 1, 2017.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: January 3, 2018