Sodexo Leisure has an Executive Chef 2 opportunity at the world famous Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, IL. Just steps from Lake Michigan and only minutes from downtown Chicago the Museum of Science and Industry is one of the largest science museums in the world and is a premier destination for daytime visitors and special events. This world class facility includes a modern food court, a Jazzman's Cafe, an Ice Cream Parlor and high end, high volume catering.
- Oversee culinary operations for retail operations - Brain Food Court offers fresh and innovative food for the guests featuring scratch made, seasonal and local fare
- Will direct the preparation of food production and provide creativity of new menus
- During large special events the Executive Chef 2 will assist our Executive Chef in preparing and plating both strolling menus and seated dinners
You are/have experience:
- Ability to manage high volume culinary retail operations
- Experience in successfully controlling food and labor costs
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to lead a large team
- Experience creating & costing menus
- Ordering, managing the inventory, training & scheduling of the culinary team
- Managing the culinary operations of a full service restaurant or hotel highly preferred
- Experience with safety and sanitation controls, HACCP, food ordering & inventory as well as hiring, training & managing staff
The Sodexo team at MSI is collaborative and strives for excellence and the development of its team. The work environment is very positive and we encourage feedback and new ideas. Working with our Executive Chef will provide great opportunity for learning and skills for the next step of your career. Parking is included.
Come be a part of our award winning team!
Not familiar with Sodexo or Sodexo Leisure? Check us out: Sodexo Sports & Leisure
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo champions a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful and we remain committed to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance …every day.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.