The University of Texas at Austin, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, seeks applicants for a tenure-track, open rank Assistant, Associate or Professor position in its Bilingual/Bicultural Education program to begin Fall 2018.
Successful candidates will:
- Develop, conduct, and publish scholarly research with a well-articulated agenda in the area of Bilingual/ Bicultural Education
- Have a strong critical qualitative/ethnographic research background with an orientation toward community-based projects
- Obtain external funding for research and development projects
- Teach in both an undergraduate bilingual/biliteracy teacher certification program and a graduate-level Bilingual/Bicultural Education program.
- Supervise master's and doctoral students
- Work collaboratively in a program and department committed to issues of equity, cultural relevance, and social justice.
UT-Austin is an urban research university with approximately 50,000 students, 3,500 of whom are enrolled in the College of Education. The Department offers both master's and doctoral-level programs, and is central to a large undergraduate teacher education program. The College of Education at UT-Austin consistently ranks in the U.S. News & World Report's top ten public graduate colleges of education. Austin is the 11th largest city in the USA, appearing frequently on Forbes' annual list of America's Fastest Growing Cities, and is well known for its sunny climate, outdoor life, live music, cultural richness, technological sophistication, and great restaurants.
Candidates must have an earned doctorate in Bilingual Education or a related field (including, but not limited to: Applied Linguistics; Language, Literacy and Culture in Education; Anthropology of Education). Candidates must also have a minimum of three years of K-12 bilingual education teaching experience and demonstrate the ability to teach university courses in Spanish and English. Candidates should be committed to both undergraduate and graduate teaching. Salary is competitive based on education, experience, and the University's salary schedule.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.