Waste Connections, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Garbage Truck Driver / Helper at our San Luis Obispo, CA operation. In this position you will be working Monday - Friday 5AM - 1:30PM, with occasional overtime. In this job you will be working both as a driver and a driver helper. 2-3 days a week you will be driving and the other 2-3 days a week you will be a helper working on the back of a manual rear-load garbage truck. This is a very physically demanding job and qualified candidate must be able and willing to lift 50 - 75lbs consistently through out an 8 to 10 hour shift. Class A or B Commercial Drivers Licenseis required .
Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and constantly bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
Full time position Tuesday - Saturda day shift working between 8-10 hours . Very labor intensive. Great pay, family benefits, 401k, vacation.
Do not stop by or call our local office. Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
"What's in it for you?"
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Prepaid Legal Plan
As a CDL Class B Driver - Refuse Route Driver / Helper, you need to be reliable, safety-minded, and committed to providing exceptional customer service. You should also be highly organized with strong time-management and prioritization skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with both customers and colleagues.
Specific requirements for this shipping transportation position include:
- Valid Class B (or A) CDL license with air brake endorsement
- Minimum 1 year of proven truck driving experience
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Ability to work 50-60 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work M-F - No Sundays!
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily assignments
- Physical demands include:Ability to function in a wide variety of environments to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments (i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and move and maneuver up to 100 pounds
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times every day while on route
If you seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability, join us at Waste Connections Inc.!
Apply now at www.wasteconnections.com!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)