Learning and Leadership Development Senior Trainer
The Woodlands, Texas
Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections, Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada. Through its R360 Environmental Solutions subsidiary, the Company is also a leading provider of non-hazardous oilfield waste treatment, recovery and disposal services in several of the most active natural resource producing areas in the United States, including the Permian, Bakken and Eagle Ford Basins. Waste Connections serves more than six million residential, commercial, industrial, and exploration and production customers from a network of operations in 39 states, six provinces and the District of Columbia. Waste Connections provides relevant and engaging development training and coaching to its 2,000 leaders. As the company continues to grow and maintain its culture, there is an immediate need for a Servant Leadership Trainer to join the team.
The Servant Leadership Senior Trainer is an energetic leadership development strategic doer! Under general direction, this person creates and protects Waste Connections' culture; assesses the training and development needs of all managers; consults, designs, develops, delivers, and continuously revises appropriate on-boarding, learning, and development training materials, activities, classes, webinars, and other learning resources. Provides ongoing consultation, collaboration, coaching, and training to managers that support servant leadership development. Monitors and evaluates performance of all newly hired or promoted managers to ensure they develop the Servant Leadership mind-set, skill-set, and tool-set and cultivate the servant leadership culture. Regularly supports the Company and Human Resources (HR) Department with other projects, as assigned.
Acting as a Servant Leader, the Servant Leadership Sr. Trainer:
- Designs a variety of servant leadership training programs, which may include completing training needs assessment and designing/developing training materials, job aides, and classes.
- Delivers a variety of classroom, webinar, and social media training events related to servant leadership methods and practices consistent with the Waste Connections' culture.
- Provides consultative and collaborative input to corporate and field leaders on training needs by visiting field sites regularly and interacting with employees and managers.
- Provides training and coaching for managers and other employees on an individual, departmental, or site basis by making regular on-site visits.
- Supports the daily administrative management of the company's Learning Management System (LMS).
- Completes training-related administrative work accurately and timely.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships throughout the company.
- Works hard and plays harder! Supports and participates in community service events and organizations.
The ideal Servant Leadership Sr. Trainer will have:
- A serving, not self-serving, mind-set, understanding that his/her role is to help others succeed.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with ongoing education in effective learning and development practices.
- Five years classroom facilitation experience in an adult learning environment.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Fearless facilitation skills, passionate presentation skills, and a zest for making meaningful connections.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, de-centralized culture-a highly motivated, self-starter.
- Ability to connect and interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization, building trust and rapport quickly.
- Ability to listen well and provide advice or coaching appropriately.
- Passion to help others grow and fulfill their potential.
- Ability to identify training needs for managers and assist in development of training resources.
- Effective and concise verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with instructional design utilizing current technology.
- Proficiency in modern business technology and software necessary for training. Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, webinar platforms, and video editing software preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time within the US and Canada.
- Certification and experience facilitating Ken Blanchard and Stephen Covey training materials a plus.
- Fluency in Canadian-French or Spanish a plus.