Roll Off Driver $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS
Clifton Park, New York
Requisition Primary Location
We have an immediate position available for aResidential Driverto support local routes at ourCounty Wastesites inMontgomery, NY. Drivers interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
*This position is eligible for a $2500 Sign on Bonus!!*
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as necessary.
- Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each landfill or transfer station run.
- Courteous interaction with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
- Reads route sheets to determine day's schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-and post-trip inspections.
- Possess a clean safety and driving record.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to"Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)