Landfill Operations Manager - Erie, CO
Requisition Primary Location
Looking for a career not a job? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to understand the ins-and-outs of a business?
Waste Connections US, Inc. is a publicly traded company that specializes in the removal and disposal of trash. We pride ourselves in being a team of driven employees who do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason. Our decentralized business model empowers employees to make an immediate impact at the local level. And, most importantly, we work hard but play harder!
Landfill Operations Manager
Compensation: $85k base salary plus a 15% annual Bonus Potential (DOE)
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience at a landfill, construction site, civil earthworks firm, or mining company required.
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects,
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation, maintenance, and safety.
LANDFILL OPERATIONS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, coach, mentor and support 15 Heavy Equipment Operators, 2 mechanics and landfill labor employees.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a 6,000 ton a day landfill and provide daily support to employees.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Landfill Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews with Landfill Manager to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to 'Connect with Your Future'. For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com or Call Jaclyn at (see application details).
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)