Rapid City, South Dakota
Requisition Primary Location
Kieffer Sanitation has an immediate position open for aDiesel Mechanicto work on our fleet of trucks at our Rapid City, SD location
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy duty diesel trucks as well as other District vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines, chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, wheels and tires.
- Reads and interprets VCR's (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Occasionally makes emergency road calls to make repairs on trucks that break down while driving a collection route.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Must be knowledgeable of and capable of performing repairs in a safe, effective and timely manner.
- Minimum 1 year experience working on Medium / Heavy Duty Trucks
- Strong experience in diagnostics and electrical is helpful
- Must be able to communicate effectively, read and comprehend service and technical information.
- Must have own set of basic tools as is standard for mechanics.
- Must currently have or able to obtain a class B commercial driver's license within 120 days of employment.
- Must currently have a valid driver's license with excellent driving record.
- Able to sustain a steady work pace over an entire work day.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Works indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hard working surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit www.wasteconnections.com