Sodexo has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nutrition Manager 3 at Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center. Located in the heart of the southern suburbs, 480-bed Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center provides many advanced health care services typically found in a university hospital setting. It is recognized nationally for advanced cardiac care including a world-class open heart program, family-centered obstetrics, a joint pain center and a Level II Trauma Center.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian, will have at least 3 years of acute care experience and 2 years of prior management or leadership experience in a health-care setting, the preferred requirement for this role
- Manage nutrition care services for the acute care facility
- Serve in a leadership role on the Food and Nutrition Services team along with other manager’s reporting directly to the General Manager
- will have a highly visible role with client interaction, and representing the department on hospital-wide medical staff committees
- Be responsible for supervising and developing a team to foster successful patient care programs and oversee the RD staff of 12 and the 10-15 Diet Office staff
- have prior experience with electronic medical records charting, the nutrition care process and with Prior room service experience and/ or Sodexo’ s premier room service program "At Your Request"
- Have demonstrated skills to manage and develop a clinical staff; monitoring and evaluation of nutrition care services; accreditation and regulatory readiness and review; and establishing and maintaining standards of care
- Have a track record of proactive interaction with the medical team, be an outstanding team player with excellent communication and customer service skills
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).