Penske Logistics is looking for material control analysts to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are self-motivated, with strong analytical and computer skills, customer-centric, and safety conscious. This position coordinates all processes and functions of a department and provides visibility to management by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
Shift details: Flexible to support all shifts including days, nights, and weekends as assigned.
- Use computer to enter records and generate reports
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards (as applicable)
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments
- Complete daily logs
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve customer's inventory and material flow processes
- Work with customer to resolve stock shortages
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met.
- Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues
- Follow daily parts control function, including track and trace, production schedule analysis, and exception management
- Follow processes that are set by engineering and assist with the implementation of any process and transportation design changes
- Provide parts follow up ensuring optimal material flow
- Handle reoccurring analysis and tasks driving continuous cost savings initiatives
- Examine current processes and implement or recommend improvements to drive out waste
- Meet customer deadlines and develop metrics dashboards that highlight customer specific analytics
- Use discretion and independent judgment to answer customer requests and propose solutions
- Develop and assist with presenting customer analytics, key trends and solution proposals during customer QBR's
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor