Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to report to Alaska Waste in Anchorage, AK, to support our three sites in Dutch Harbor, Healy and Nome, AK. This is a full-time position that requires the ability to travel frequently to Southeast Alaska.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all Alaska Waste vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, tire repair and/or replacement, and component rebuilding of engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.
- Welding and vehicle-washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, truck hoist, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- 1 year of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required; 3 years preferred. 1 year heavy truck/equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds
- Class B commercial driver's license preferred; ability to obtain one within the first 90 days required.
- Must have own tools
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit www.wasteconnections.com .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation