Job Area: IT
Business Area: Corporate Systems Support
Location: IA - Des Moines
Career Category: Experienced Professional
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Date Posted: 2017-10-27
As a member of Principals global IT community, you are part of a high-performing culture that promotes employee empowerment, innovation, collaboration, and career development while fostering flexibility between professional and personal responsibilities. The work you do while partnering closely with the business puts our customers needs first by shaping the financial security of millions of lives across the globe!
Principal was #18 on Computerworlds list of 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017 making it 16 years in a row on the list! Click the link to read all about it.
And, if you have 2 minutes, you'll want to watch this video about our company:
If you are an experienced IT professional that has a background in development and configuration, enjoys consulting with business to design and implement solutions, and the passion to work on a team that is driving change with our critical HR systems across the globe...do we have the position for YOU!
This position requires fluency in Spanish as we work to implement our Human Capital Management (HCM) systems within our Latin American member companies located in Chile and Mexico. This specific position is preferred to be filled in Des Moines, and will require strong collaboration with our Latin American teammates and ability to partner and influence across these geographic boundaries.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive and implement cloud-based applications that manage our global workforce's employee information, performance management, and compensation processes while working in an Agile team environment.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide communications (written and verbal) in both Spanish and English.
- Be a key player as we implement solutions to expand our HR functions globally (think configuration, security, integration, cloud/SaaS, vendor interaction, etc.)
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and cross-discipline IT team members.
- Contribute to and lead the technical solution design/strategy in alignment with targeted architecture.
- Our teams work in a highly collaborative, Agile environment. There are many opportunities for coaching and mentoring.
- Provide minimal on-call support
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associates degree when defining equivalent work experience)
- Technical background with hands-on experience in vendor integration and ETL concepts
- 3+ years of directly related experience.
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Understanding of cloud computing (SaaS) technologies
- Ability to write simple-to-complex query statements using SQL or PL/SQL
- DB2 and Oracle RDBMS database experience
- Experience working with encryption/decryption set-up using SFTP or similar protocols for data transmission.
- UI configuration, design and maintenance
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources processes
- Systems implementation experience on Oracle HCM Cloud or any other HR Management System (PeopleSoft, Workday, etc.) is a plus
Core competencies for success:
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new technologies and business practices and the data that supports these processes
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills, with an innate technical curiosity and desire to dig in
- Ability to influence and work across global and domestic teams to challenge status quo
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and remain resilient
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a sense of ownership for systems and components that are vital to the success of the business
- Must have strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with cross-functional and cross-cultural team members to develop system solutions
- Ability to be a utility player and enjoy a variety of assignments
Click on "Email to a Friend" to notify a friend or family member of this opportunity.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Willing to consider applicants at multiple job levels.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
See job description.