Requisition Primary Location
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE:It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY:Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- RESPECT:We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee's long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team.
We have an immediate need for a District Manager in Kilgore, TX, overseeing sites in Palestine and Henderson, TX.
A Day in the Life of a District Manager:
- Oversees personnel needs of district, including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Responsible for termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Partner with local city, municipal and county agencies to ensure our business is providing top notch customer service, and identifies ways to improve services. Works with municipalities to renew contracts, negotiate new contracts.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA and other standards and regulations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Creates and monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving profit, processes and return on investment.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with your Division Vice President.
- Establishes and maintains performance targets, objectives and standards for each service activity at the district.
- Has full P&L and capital responsibility for the district. Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Has overall responsibility for facility maintenance, Customer Service, Sales, and Operations.
- Defines and implements market strategy.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel regularly to meet with customers and other company managers
- 5+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)