Duncan, South Carolina
Requisition Primary Location
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and is projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
**Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic
Why you need to join us!
o CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
o INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a high energy Maintenance Supervisor to join the team at our Hauling location in Duncan, SC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Trains and mentors Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics, or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Saturday and weekly hours M-F are as needed. 50-55 hours a week average.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years prior Supervisory experience; waste industry preferred
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English.
- Must provide own tools. Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus!
- Experience with computer diagnostics highly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)