Environmental Field Operator / Driver
Requisition Primary Location
Rock River Environmental Solutions (RRES) is a full-service environmental waste contractor specializing in waste management and onsite industrial cleaning services. RRES currently has an opening for an Environmental Field Operator / Driver to work in our special waste division. This is a full-time, hourly paid position.
RRES is looking for Field Specialists / Driver to join our team in Rockford, IL. with at least 2 years experience in the industrial/environmental field who have an interest in the environmental industry. The ability to travel within the Tri-State Area (IL, WI & IA) is required.
- Load & unload, manifest and transport special waste (i.e. non-haz liquid waste) to third party entities (60-100% of the workweek).
- Provide general labor on industrial cleaning projects, decontamination projects, and occasional confined-space work (0-40% of the workweek).
- Operating vacuum trucks (semi-vac tanker or supersucker) and hauling to third party entities, or loading liquid waste / sludges into vacuum boxes;
- Operating semi-van trailers and loading with special waste in drums, totes or on skids;
- Complete paperwork (i.e. waste profiles, job summary forms, daily vehicle inspections, manifests & bills-of-lading) to satisfy the DOT & EPA regulatory requirements
- Class A CDL, will also consider Class B but must obtain Class A within 8 weeks of employment;
- Successful completion of OSHA / DOT physical examination including pre-employment drug screen;
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience on industrial cleaning projects involving pressure washing and / or water blasting and at least 1 year experience operating and driving vacuum trucks is desirable.
- Tanker endorsement (preferred) OR ability/desire to obtain;
- DOT Hazmat endorsement (preferred) OR ability / desire to obtain;
- OSHA Confined Space Training certified OR ability/desire to obtain;
- Current HAZWOPER / 40-hour OSHA Certification (or ability to obtain)
- Basic knowledge of shipping HazMat, EPA / DOT regulated waste, or non-haz special waste using Uniform Manifests
- Competitive wage
- Performance-based career growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans
- Income Protection Plans (Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability)
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Flexible Spending Account
Apply today and Connect with Your Future
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)