Trucking Accounting Clerk
Requisition Primary Location
NORTHWEST CONTAINER SERVICES - We are a division of Waste Connections, Inc. which provides intermodal services, solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. Northwest Container Services operates in Oregon and Washington with our main office in Portland, Oregon.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
As the Trucking Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for working in several different functions. This position works in tandem with the District Controller, Trucking Manager, and Billing Clerk and requires excellent interpersonal and communications skills. We are looking for a strong team oriented individual.
- Data Input
- Reconciles issues
- Update changes in orders
- Review of Month End orders to assist Operations and Accounting in pulling Divisional reporting information
- Performing Month End Close activities
- Other duties as assigned by Controller and Accounting team
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- Knowledge of the trucking business is helpful
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good communication skills
- Highly detailed and able to handle multiple priorities at once
- Maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. Please apply online only.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
High School (Required)