Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic team of 6 Registered Dietitians at Presence Saint's Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center. This position will primarily provide clinical coverage to our Skilled Nursing, Pediatric Behavioral Health, and Adult Behavioral Health Units.
Position will report to Clinical Nutrition Manager and the ideal candidate(s) will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with experience in all aspects of an acute care setting
- Have prior experience with the nutrition care process and electronic health records charting
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Experience working with Behavioral Health experience patient populations a plus, but not required_.
- Spanish speaker a plus, but not required to assist with educating patient population
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..