Sodexo Universities is seeking a motivated Food Operations Manager 3 to lead the Georgia College and State University team in historic Milledgeville, GA. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the campus food service account totaling $6 million in revenue. Our high profile catering operations contribute over $550k of that revenue; summer conference adds $200k. Five retail locations reach $1.3 million primarily through national brands that include Chick-Fil-A, Subway, and Einstein’s. The Operations Manager will oversee five salaried managers and 130 hourly employees.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the ideal Operations Manager will possess the following traits:
- Previous management experience in campus food service or other high-volume contract management setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, students, and staff.
- Proven experience motivating, training, and leading a large workforce.
- Ability to lead salaried managers daily and in the absence of General Manager.
- Strong retail brand experience.
- Ability to support and execute high-profile catering events.
- Creativity and innovation demonstrated through programming and marketing.
- Strong financial acumen.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION! **
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies