Sodexo University Services – committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food and facilities services and we welcome you to join our team with this career opportunity!
Currently, Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager 3 at Dickinson State University – in Dickinson, ND - located in South Western North Dakota about 90 miles west of Bismark and 60 miles from the Montana border. Dickinson is a 4 year college that has approximately 1100 students. The GM will oversee Food Services for Resident Dining, Retail and Catering operations. The ideal candidate will have previous high volume dining experience including strong knowledge and experience in culinary and catering; well versed in unit financial management and client relationships.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- are very HANDS ON in their management, mentoring, and oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has previous University Resident Dining background, general knowledge of full service catering, and retail food operations.
- has demonstrated experience developing solid client relationships through strong communication skills, organizational skills and financial acumen.
- a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous General Management experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Why Sodexo at Dickinson State?
This is a great opportunity for a Food Services manager seeking current career growth and opportunity to demonstrate innovation and take the account to the next level. Sound like the opportunity you are looking for? APPLY TODAY!
There is RELOCATION assistance for this opportunity!
About Dickinson - The rolling hills, dramatic buttes, striking cliffs and winding rivers in Southwest North Dakota all lay the backdrop to a variety of adventures including hiking and biking trails, fishing and horseback riding. Hunting is also abundant and hunters come from all across the country each year for the pheasant and grouse season and hunt prairie dogs, coyotes, deer and antelope. Visit ND Game & Fish for more information. #LI
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities