Sodexo Leisure has a new Catering Manager 1 opportunity at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, IL.
- The Catering Manager will plan the details of all Internal events at this premier location
- High interaction our clients prior to and day of event
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- An expert in client/guest relations- this position will have direct client contact
- Experience in executing catering and special events including many high end, fine dining banquets & weddings
- Excellent event planning skills, and is visionary in regards to presentations and creativity
- Ability to perform in high stress and energy atmosphere
- Demonstrated knowledge of catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management
- Other duties include, but are not limited to: internal billing, creating floor plans, assisting with inquiries
Learn more about the exciting venues managed by: Sodexo Sports & Leisure
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo champions a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful and we remain committed to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Assists in the management of all catered events. Hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Directs setup for events. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving customer complaints. Develops menu/costing. May supervise less than two full time employees.