SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for performing system engineering for automation control projects based on drives, motor control centers, programmable controllers, operator/field devices, instrumentation, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, and test of control, drives and automation systems working in a project team environment. Works on project assignments that are moderate to complex projects. Designs, defines and implements complex control systems and packaged drive system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications and coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
Be a contributing part of a project team but also responsible to lead and review all assigned engineering team and their assigned tasks for a project. Assign tasks, monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hours usage on project. Prepare and organize assigned projects and work closely with the Project Manager to maintain and lower project costs, while providing the highest level of quality.
Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal control system solution and determines applicable industrial control configuration/architecture
Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget
Performs conceptual industrial drive and motor control systems design and determination of control system strategy.
May provide on-site process control system start-up as required.
Responsible to lead and review all assigned engineering team and their assigned tasks for a project.
Leads complex assignments requiring new processes, techniques.
Assists with planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring resources for projects including setting and managing time-lines and budgets.
Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance, final inspection and sign off.
Client liaison and interface with management
Development and maintenance of customer relationship
Team player with the ability to integrate with other project team members
Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team.
Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented
Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved
Attends, participates in the preparation and presentation of technical papers in industry symposiums and trade shows, as applicable
Enhances RA overall value & position with strategic global customers
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in control system applications which relates to variable speed drives, drives systems, and industrial automation systems.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; applying and programming drives, PLC's and HMI's.
- Ability to design drives systems utilizing AutoCAD electrical.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime on occasion to meet customer project commitments.
- Occasional travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through installation and subsequent client support
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives, and PLC's. Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including the NEC, NFPA79, UL508A, and UL698.
- Product and/ or Program development and project management experience.
- Drives Systems/ Industry Expertise in (Power, Paper, Metals, Infrastructure, etc.)
"Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening."
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Batavia - Ohio, Edison - New Jersey, Elmhurst - Illinois, Golden - Colorado, Houston - Texas, Irwindale - California, Lawrenceville - Georgia, St Louis - Missouri, Twinsburg - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.