The Java Developer is a key role on a collaborative project team, responsible for the design and production of mission critical, enterprise-scale business systems. The Java Developer is well versed in the technical and interpersonal skills needed to interact with other members of development teams. Using a thorough understanding of the talent assessment business domain, the Java Developer is responsible for the translation of requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycle. This role is also responsible for maintaining an awareness of evolving technologies in use by other teams at CEB, Now Gartner (TA) and in the technology industry as a whole.
- Backend and application logic developer, and member of global development team
- Interpret requirements, clarify issues, design solution and develop and unit test
- Take part in daily stand-up calls, designing sessions, review sessions, demo, etc.
- Collaborate with other developers, tech leads, product management, support teams, etc.
- Provide development support to resolve production issues, deployment events, and blockers in lower environments to remove impediments to QA resources
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar subject or equivalent
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Object-oriented programming and development with Java.
- Working experience with IDE (such as Eclipse, Spring), Hibernate, XML, Java Messaging Services, JPA, SQL.
- Experience in enterprise level agile software development, and methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to issue and project tracking software tool such as Jira, to track stories, bugs, etc,, and development progress as a whole.
- Must have ability to juggle with multiple tasks, excellent time management skill, and gives utmost importance to quality of deliverables.
- Understands business need and customer urgency, and takes action to fulfill.
- Experience with various plug-ins to IDE and other tools, such as, Maven, Jenkins, SVN
Job: Information Technology