Front Desk Admin / Receptionist
Requisition Primary Location
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) is growing throughout the U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 7 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 41 states and 6 Canadian Provinces.
Waste Connections, Inc currently has an opening for an experienced Receptionist / Front Desk Adminfor our Western Region Office located in Vancouver, WAlocation. The Receptionist fields calls from customers and other inbound calls using a multi-phone line system, deals with walk-in traffic as well as supports multiple lines of business. Looking for someone who is highly organized, works to resolve problems, is tech savvy as well as adaptable and able to help out with projects and assignments when they come up. A successful Receptionist must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customer issues. This is a Monday thru Friday position working 8AM - 5PM.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to walk-in customers by answering questions and taking payments.
- Answer in-coming phone calls from customers and vendors.
- Preparing cash and supply orders for Western Region Office.
- Process incoming and returned mail as well as any customer correspondence that may be needed.
- Provide clerical support for the office manager along with other lines of business as needed.
- Accounts Payable
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a front desk / receptionist
- On the job experience with duties listed above.
- Professional phone etiquette
- Strong typing skills; including 10-key
- Able to multi-task and handle stressful situations
- Able to work with a multi-phone line system
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS suite and able to pick up new software quickly.
- Must be self-efficient and able to prioritize and manage tasks accordingly.
- Must have High School Diploma but college degree preferred.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
High School (Required)
Customer Service, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Typing