CDL Route Driver
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Requisition Primary Location
Talented Residential Route Driver - $5,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
Join Novak Sanitary Service and obtain your Commercial Drivers License today!
As a member of the Novak Sanitary Serviceelite team of Drivers, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you want to obtain a Class B Commercial Drivers License? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then you're who we're looking for!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a safety conscience CDL Route Driver to join the Sioux Falls, SD team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate delivery truck and eventually rear load and/or front load garbage truck to deliver containers safely.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, lifting and moving containers that weight over 75 pounds.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a satisfactory driving record.
- Class B CDL is preferred however we will train the right candidate in order to get Class B Permit and eventually Class B commercial drivers license.
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-50 hours a week. Some Saturday and NO Sunday hours!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)